Dear parents and carers
We hope you are all well. We are very much looking forward to welcoming all of our children back on Monday 8th March. The wider opening of schools is the Government’s first test towards the removal of COVID restrictions. It is vitally important that we follow ALL guidance strictly in order to keep our whole school community safe and increase the probability of other restrictions being lifted.
The arrangements in school before the lockdown remain in place. It has been proven that these measures were highly effective. Despite Stoneyholme and Central Burnley having some of the highest infection rates in the country, we had the lowest self-isolation rates of all educational establishments in the area. I am sure you will agree that we need to avoid class bubbles being sent home after such a long time being out of school during the last 12 months!
Polite reminder of COVID measures:
- Children MUST be brought to school by ONE adult (over 18) to help maintain social distancing on the way to and from school as well as on the school grounds
- You MUST stick rigidly to drop off and pick up times.
- Please keep your children with you at all times
- Follow the one way system for dropping off and picking up (playground markings and staff will help to guide you around school)
- Drop off and pick up your eldest child first and your youngest child last
- Try to keep moving at all times, do not stand in groups talking
- Children must wash their hands before leaving home
- Do not bring any bags to school. The only items to be brought into school are: packed lunches and a water bottle with your child’s name on and their reading books
- Packed lunches can no longer be dropped off during the day, your child must bring them in the morning
- Adults will not be allowed to come into school without a pre-arranged appointment (telephone the school office or email firstname.lastname@example.org )
- More than ever, attendance at school is extremely important. Appointments during school time WILL NOT be allowed. Not only will children be missing extremely important learning, we cannot be moving children and adults in and out of their bubbles unnecessarily
- Requests for leave of absence (as outlined in the policy on the website) WILL NOT be authorised. Please consider how much education your child has already missed (and may miss in the future should there be a third wave of the virus or your child’s bubble may have to self-isolate) when making decisions about taking your child out of school for any reason during term time
- If your child is too ill to attend school, you MUST ring school and inform us. As always, if your child becomes unwell in school, we will inform you
- Check you emails regularly to find out important information and stay updated with any developments
- Email school if you have changed contact details (address, email, telephone numbers etc)
- You MUST keep your child at home if they, or anyone in their house, display any symptoms of COVID_19 (high temperature, cough, loss of taste or smell) or have come into contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID_19 (if in doubt, contact school BEFORE leaving your house)
We appreciate that while many children and families are excited about returning to school, this is an anxious time for some. Staff at school have planned activities and provided information which can be found on the class pages (for children) and the Parent Pages (for adults) on Friday 5th March to help to answer any questions you may have and to promote positive well-being.
I am extremely confident that our children will return to school successfully and confidently and very quickly adapt to school routines again very soon.
May I take this opportunity once again to thank you for your support during lockdown, you have done a tremendous job and you should be very proud of yourselves and your children! We look forward to continuing to work in partnership to achieve the very best outcomes for all of our children.
If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact school.
In the meantime, please take care and stay safe!
With very best wishes
And everyone at Stoneyholme Community Primary School
YOUR CHILD IS IN BUBBLE: A
DROP OFF: 8:30am
PICK UP: 3:10pm (2:10pm on Thursday)
PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE MORE THAN 5 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR TIME