We did it!
Stoneyhome Primary School has achieved the Wellbeing Award for Schools status.
This is a whole-school approach to help improve the emotional wellbeing and mental health of everyone.
With this award, Stoneyholme Primary School have been able to demonstrate its commitment to:
- Promoting mental health as part of everyday school life
- Improving the emotional wellbeing of their staff and pupils
- Ensuring mental health problems are identified early and appropriate support provided
- Offering provision and interventions that matches the needs of its pupils and staff
- Raising awareness of the importance of mental health awareness
- Capturing the views of parents, pupils and teachers on mental health issues
Support for your child’s wellbeing
Activities for parents and carers of children in primary school
- There are a range of activities that will help build and maintain your child’s wellbeing.
- Most of them are short and require very few materials.
- The activities cover six key elements that are important to wellbeing.
- There are also activities that focus on positive thinking and gratitude as well as breathing exercises that promote calm.
These activities are based on the optional Resilience, Rights and Respectful Relationships teaching and learning materials.