Thursday 7th January
LC: To use speech punctuation to highlight direct speech
We have spoke a lot about punctuating direct speech over the Autumn term. You need to remember the following:
Direct speech tells us exactly what the character is saying.
Please complete the sentences below in your Home Learning books by copying the sentence and adding the correct punctuation.
1) What time is it asked Mrs Siddiq.
2) I want chicken and all the trimmings for dinner insisted Mr Broadleday.
3) I'm wearing shorts even though it's snowing explained Mr Hindman.
4) I would like an warm cardigan please said Miss Wallace.
5) Mrs Wallace is cold spluttered Mr Grimshaw in disbelief.