We are very fortunate to have been selected to take part in an Engineering Project organised by one of Prince Charles' charities. The project was launched with a conference that Mrs Davison attended. We will keep you updated with future developments, as we are very excited about the possibilities for our children and the children of Burnley as a result of this initiative!
Burnley Engineering Awareness Conference.
50 delegates met at the University Technical College in Burnley. The delegates represented primary schools, local engineering businesses and engineering support organisations.
The aims of the conference were;
- To highlight what is already happening in terms of encouraging young people in engineering and STEM and identify ways in which schools and employers can engage with and build on these
- To bring together primary schools, STEM employers and others to consider the importance of STEM skills, both for individuals’ personal growth and the UK economy, and identify ways of ensuring all young people benefit from great STEM experiences whatever their age
- To raise awareness of career opportunities locally and nationally requiring STEM skills, including technician and apprentice, as well as graduate routes
- To showcase existing examples of good practice taking place between local schools and employers
- To identify ‘next steps’ to embed better support for STEM subjects within primary schools across Burnley