- Science is taught as part of the STEAM curriculum.
- Teachers plan to make meaningful cross curricular links with science, maths, engineering and art.
- Purposeful science enquiry happens when children are motivated to answer a question that matters to them.
- Learning is pupil led: children ask their own questions and use different types of enquiry to answer them.
- Science enquiry is what children do in order to answer scientific questions about the world around them.
- Enquiry should include: observing over time; identifying and classifying; pattern seeking; research and comparative and fair testing.
- Enquiry skills are taught with clear progression.
- Children are encouraged to use accurate scientific vocabulary.
- Children’s progress is assessed in accordance with our assessment criteria after each topic.